Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Welcome to our readers, from near and far!

Mom:  You know, guys, we have A LOT of different countries visiting your blog.  We've marked them all on our map, but we have two more to add today.

Nathanael:  Do you know how to speak all of the languages from those different countries?

Mom:  I know a few, but most of them, no.  Do you have a message for our readers all over the world?

Nathanael:  Did I already tell them thank you for reading our blog?

Mom:  I think so.  

Nathanael:  Then can I just say hello to them?

Savannah:  Can I tell them I like ponies?

Mom:  Natty, we can say hello or we can welcome them to our blog.  Which one?


Savannah:  I WANT to say that I like ponies!

Mom:  Sav, next time.  Let's do something to show that we appreciate the fact that all of these people have taken the time to visit our blog.


Savannah: *tsk*  Okayyyy.

Nathanael: I think I want to say "welcome."  That sounds more polite than "hi."

Mom:  Okay then.  I can find a website that will translate the American way of saying "welcome" to the different languages of the people who have visited.  Sound good?


Nathanael:  YES!!

Savannah:  What does "translate" mean?

Mom:  It means that I can find a way to say "welcome" in langauges that people from other countries can understand.


Savannah:  Oh.  Well, find the word for "pony," too.

So, ladies and gentlemen all around the world, from my family to yours, we say:


Welcome!

欢迎!

Welkom!

Bienvenue!

Willkommen!

Καλώς ήρθατε!

Benvenuto!

歓迎!

환영!

Boa vinda!
 
Добро

пожаловать!

¡Recepción!

Welkom!

ترحيب

ברוך הבא

स्वागत 

Selamat datang!
 
Fáilte roimh chách!
 
elkommen!
 
באַגריסן

Välkommen!


No comments:

Post a Comment