Thursday, March 22, 2012

Mom's Two Cents' Worth

This is Mom typing here. I'm trolling the kids' blog for just a moment to share with our readers how proud I am of them. Their Gran is my mom, who was diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer in August of last year. What a shock to all of us.

Obviously the kids don't know the gritty details about what my mom is going through, but they do know she doesn't feel well and that her medicine makes her feel tired a lot. When I mentioned to them that my sisters (their wonderful aunties) and I wanted to start a team for the Relay For Life in the town where we grew up and where my parents still live, they naturally had a lot of questions. When I mentioned the fundraising aspect, their eyes lit up and they immediately began coming up with ideas to to raise money "to help Gran feel better." I was rather taken aback with their enthusiasm. They have such good hearts.

So bear with us throughout this blog. The posts, unless otherwise indicated, will truly be in their own words. While they're intelligent children, they get the sillies as all children do, and can come out with some real whoppers.

Nathanael just drew a quick picture of a bush baby and stuck it on the computer screen. See what I mean?

I appreciate the fact that you've taken the time to read this blog.

With gratitude,
Mom...aka McKenzie

No comments:

Post a Comment