Friday, March 23, 2012

Surprise!

Mom here.  The blog went live yesterday morning at around 11:45 EDT.  At that time, our Relay team had already raised $265.  By the time my husband and I went to sleep last night, our earnings had jumped to an amazing $855!  This is thanks to some friends and family, but also to several donors who chose to remain anonymous.  Anonymous, if you're out there reading this blog, please accept my heartfelt gratitude. 

The picture you see here of Nathanael is from this morning.  I brought up our team website on my Nook Color Tablet, and when he saw how much more the purple status bar had been filled in, and then the amount of money raised after he went to bed, he was in complete and utter shock.  I had to capture the look on his face.

Nathanael:  I just want to say thank you to everyone who donated to make the purple line go up that far!  I'm so excited that we're almost at our goal and that the box is almost all the way filled in.  Mom said if we meet our goal, maybe we can make a new one.  I bet we can reach that, too! 

Our neighbor gave us the idea of having a bottle and can collection, and we could return any bottles and cans to Wegmans and we can donate all of that money to our team.  I love returning bottles and cans, but we don't do it very often because we stopped drinking bottled water so we don't have anything to return anymore. 

Savannah:  I don't like the hand sanitizer Mom always used to put on our hands after we returned the water bottles.  If I had a cut it would make the cut hurt even more.

Nathanael: But we don't do it anymore, Savannah.  So I think we're going to ask people if they have any bottles or cans they might want to give us.  I think we'll print out signs and stick them in our neighbors' mailboxes, and the signs will tell the people what we're doing and where they can bring the bottles.

Savannah:  I'm not going to the house with the loud dogs.  They're obnoxious. 



2 comments:

  1. AWESOME!! And oh my goodness, the side comments are HILARIOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Natty and Savannah! I'm very proud of you both. Keep up the good work. I love you!- Daddy

    ReplyDelete