Thursday, March 29, 2012

Future Pharmacists of America


Mom here.  The kind folks at our Wegmans Pharmacy indulged my children in a tour of the inner workings of a pharmacy.  The kids' aunt, my older sister, is a pharmacist and when Nathanael found this out he had no less than 100 questions about what a pharmacist does, how they help people, how someone becomes a pharmacist, etc.  So for the last 6 months, he has very adamantly insisted that he would like to study pharmacy when he grows up.  Most kids vacillate on a daily basis between this and that when it comes to what they'd like to be when they grow up, but not Nathanael.  Savannah's hooked now, too, and she and Nathanael have plans to open their own pharmacy some day.  Thank you, Wegmans, for indulging my kids' request and absolutely making their day.  


Mom, on the way home: Can you believe they gave you a tour, guys?  I thought they'd say no, but wow - you got to see what a real pharmacist like Aunt C. does every day!
Nathanael:  I KNOW!  And we got BOTTLES, too!

Savannah:  I already know what I'm keeping in mine.  Lite Brite pieces.  All of them.

Nathanael:  Um, not the blue ones, Savannah.  I'm going to keep medicine in mine.

Mom:  Real medicine?  You don't have any real medicine.
Nathanael:  No, medicine that I make in my lab.  That's part of why I want to be a pharmacist like Aunt C.  I want to be able to mix things up and give them to people to help them.

Savannah:  Me too!

Mom:  So why exactly do you want to be a pharmacist, guys?
Savannah:  To help people, and to give them stickers and bottles and cookies like we got today!

Nathanael:  I want to be able to give people medicine they need to feel better.  If I could be a pharmacist today, I would make so much medicine in my lab....orange flavored, so that it wouldn't taste gross...and send it in a tube like they have at the bank to Gran's house so she could take it and be better.

Mom:  That's pretty awesome, guys.  I think you'd both make great pharmacists, and I know you'd do your best to help people feel better.  I'm so proud of you.
Savannah:  Thank you.  *shy smile*

Nathanael:  Thanks, mama.  I'm proud of you, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment