Saturday, April 7, 2012

Makeover time!


Mom here.  To get ready for our big television debut, I headed over to our local Sephora to get some assistance on picking out and applying good television makeup colors.  Being a stay-at-home mom, I usually throw on some mascara...only if I leave the house...and I'm good to go.  I knew that wouldn't cut it on television, and I knew I needed some help.  Okay, a LOT of help.  

The first thing we did when we arrived was pick out some nail polish for both kids.  That was my bribe for actually getting them to come with me.  And yes, I said both kids.  Don't judge.  I paint Nathanael's toenails, otherwise he looks longingly at Savannah while I paint her fingernails and toenails.  Savannah chose a lovely 
pink color, while Nathanael chose a fabulous vomit-green color.  Mission accomplished.

Thankfully, a nice young woman approached us and asked if we needed help.  "Ohhhh yes," I replied, and explained that we were going to be on television and I needed some help.  Okay, a LOT of help.  She asked a few questions, grabbed some colors, and went to work.  I drew the attention of an older woman who was also shopping, and for some reason I can't remember, she started singing "Oh Danny Boy."  The young woman and I referenced The Muppets' version of Oh Danny Boy and we began laughing.  Ohhhh Danny.  Oh boy.

Meanwhile, Thing 1 and Thing 2 were having a blast hanging out near my makeover chair, ooohing and ahhhing over all the sparkly colors.  After restraining themselves for, oh, a minute, they began to experiment.  And experiment they did.  Eyeshadows, blushes, mascara lines drawn on necks....you name it.

After my transformation..."Mommy, you look like someone who has already been on television!"...I just chose to take all the products the lovely woman used, hoped I'd be able to reproduce her fabulous work the next morning,....and then I saw my children.


They were so proud of themselves.

Thank you, Tricia at Sephora.  For helping me learn how not to look like a tired mom, and for the message you sent after you saw the news.  

No comments:

Post a Comment