Monday, April 23, 2012

Just For You





Through all of the fundraising, through all of the ideas on how to bring in the green for the American Cancer Society and our Relay For Life team, never once have we lost sight of why we're really doing any of this.  


Gran.  My mom.  


This was my idea, as I was feeling very sentimental this afternoon and I asked Nathanael if he would be willing to do something for the blog that would mean something to me and to Gran, but not related to raising money.  He happily obliged, and Savannah was more than happy to sit by, be cute, and listen.


When I was around Nathanael's age, my mom used to read me the Mercer Mayer Little Critter books.  I remember many of them, but our together favorite was Just For You.  The copy was so tattered and loved because it was read so often.  


On my first Christmas as a new mom, back in 2006, my mom gave me a special present for me to share with Nathanael.  It was a bound collection of Mercer Mayer books, the first being Just For You.  Hormonal and postpartum, I remember being moved to tears a) that she remembered, and b) that I would be able to share this story with my own child as she and I had shared, enjoyed, and loved it.  We have, and Savannah, too.


I wish I could do a million and one special things for my mom right now.  This comes to mind, and it's so trivial, but if she sees this, she'll understand.  


Mom, I wanted to do something special, just for you....








...and I did.





1 comment: