Friday, May 4, 2012

Don't Stop Believin', brought to you by Excedrin Migraine

I kid, I kid.


A little.


There are many things my beautiful children do well for ages 5 and 3.


I say this with my heart full of mother's love, but....singing isn't one of them.  


Both kids, particularly Nathanael, have been singing the refrain to Journey's Don't Stop Believin' this past week.  It has become our unofficial theme song around here.  The kids don't understand the lyrics, obviously, although Nathanael thinks it's cool that the guy singing the song took a train at midnight.  They hear the words "don't stop believin'," though, and their thoughts go immediately to Gran.  They refuse to do anything but be filled with hope and won't stop believin' that their fundraising efforts will help change the world, even Gran's world.


Nathanael asked me a few days ago if he and Savannah could have a "dance party" to Don't Stop Believin' to put on the blog so that they could remind our readers to "never give up hope."  How could I resist such a request?


Simon Cowell would not approve.  It's loud.  It's shrill.  But their intent is obvious, and the unexpected message at the very end comes from their mouths, their hearts, and is filled with inspiration that, in my opinion, is infectious..



1 comment:

  1. Please give those two kiddos a huge hug for me! Very inspirational blog and cause. Thank you for your work and the reminder to never stop believin'!

    Brady

    ReplyDelete